Friday, February 11, 2011

What is this New Covenant?

The other day I was responding to a friends Facebook post, after one of my responses my friend sent me a private message requesting that I try to refrain from “diatribe” others. Well I needed to look this word up. Well here was the definition “A forceful and bitter verbal attack against someone or something”.

So as I sit here writing this the though that came to my mind was how Jesus reacted at the Temple and if he were to come today what would his reactions be towards those who claim he is the “New Covenant”

Let me step back and explain what started this, entire thing one person made a reference to the Jewish people wearing a Veil of non acceptance of Jesus as the Messiah and try as she might my friend was not going to remove this Veil from their eyes. In my attempt to explain to this person that Jesus did not come to save the Jewish people but to bring the words of the Living God to the rest of the Gentile world and that Jesus himself followed the Torah taught and preached it to his death, although I may have overreacted a little (yes read Sarcasm). This person then made the response that he has never read the Torah. (Read LMAO).

The more I though about that comment I though how sad for several reasons, that I must explain what the Torah is. First that in your many years of attending Church or Sunday school he has never received any knowledge of what the Torah actually is or even the word, and secondly you are sitting here writing a response to someone on FaceBook and refuse to not at least do a Google search on the word Torah.

So after a lengthy explanation of just what the Torah was and for those of you who think they may have never read it (read Sarcasm) it is the First 5 Books of the Bible. He responded back to me with well that was what happened then and now we are under a “New Covenant”, Paul being the Apostle to the Gentile told us we didn’t have to follow the Torah Law, that in Jesus offering for our Sins he completed the Covenant of Torah.

Well I got to thinking about that statement; those of you who know me or have read any of my material can imagine what I was then thinking of this person’s ignorance. All that aside I called Rick who I count on when I seek information from the New Testament because he has read thought the Bible many times beginning to end, something I will admit I am guilty of not completing. Like Rick I am a RED letter person, although the writings of Peter, James, and yes even Paul’s have there place. They are not the words of Jesus.

Now that I have established the reason let me then try to expense just what this so called “NEW COVENANT” is really all about. Let’s start with defining what a Covenant is. “A covenant is a solemn agreement to engage in or refrain from a specified action. It is commonly found in religious contexts, where it refers to sacred agreements between God and human beings. It may also refer to a formal alliance or agreement made by God with a religious community or with humanity in general. An example of a covenant relationship in Judaism and Christianity is that between Abraham and God, in which God made a covenant with Abraham that He would bless Abraham's descendants making them more numerous than the stars:
In doing my research for this Article I did a Bible search for the word Covenant the search raveled that the word Covenant appears 250 times in the King James Version. Of those 250 appearances not once does this word appear in the New Testament. That being the case how then does Christianity arrive at the theology of this New Covenant theory?

In order to rebuke this Theology I will start with the second Covenant God made with Man. This man was Abraham. Beginning with Chapter 15 through the end of Chapter 17, In Chapter 15 we see God telling Abraham to bring before him a three year old heifer, a three year old she goat, a three year old ram, a turtledove, and a young bird. Abraham then cuts the animals in 2 pieces God comes down with fire and consumes them. Thus we see the first Sacrifices to God, creating the covenant of Physical Sacrifice for all time between Abraham’s entire household both Home born Slave or bought were circumcised on that day.

So two things unfold in this covenant, the ritual of Sacrifice and the Circumcision both parts are required for any man who desires to be considered as part of the Covenant of Abraham. God also reveled to Abraham in Chapter 15 that his descendants will be enslaved and he would redeem them form there captives, and bring them forth to live in the land he promised to Abraham.




The Lord Bless you and Protect you!
The Lord deal kindly and graciously with you!
The Lord bestow His favor upon you and grant you peace!


The Articles presented here are copy written by The Light In Christ Ministry in Sherman, TX. If you have been following our Articles and you happened to miss one or two please feel free to read them on our Blog at http://thelightinchristministry.blogspot.com/ also you can find the Ten Sefirot and the meanings for further reference as needed. If we haven’t posted a missed article please e-mail at bbrody1306@aol.com or call me at 903-819-6777.

No comments:

Post a Comment