Thursday, March 26, 2009

Living a Sinless Life like Jesus

After reading this blog post by a well know Christian author Campaign For A Sin-Free Me which can be found at her site www.julieferwerda.com. I was amazed to see the understanding she has achieved. It always touches my heart when a Christian can see the truth and not even know what it all means. All the puzzle pieces are mixed up and she just couldn’t seem to put them all together. In this message I will try to shed light on how the pieces really fit together. This was the comment she finished her blog message with.

I think in fact, the "real me" has been totally locked away in bondage to self all my life, and when I finally shed the hard cocoon of my self-protective, self-centered exterior, I will morph into quite a character full of more amazing personality, energy, unique gifts and freedom to be the real me than I ever imagined..

This statement alone tells me that she is in many ways ready to move forward in her journey here this time. All the things she spoke of in her post were of self WILL. The piece of our life’s that we try to control around us.

Look at the Jewish people leaving Egypt? How did they get there in the first place? God placed Joseph there to protect them from death. God brought them out of the land he placed them in, and how did they repay him for all he had done? They created the Golden Calf. There punishment for that was a plague. They continued to only concern themselves with there own desires. A desire to control there lives. In reading Numbers Chapter 13 & 14 they failed to have faith in his words and miracles. In so doing he gave them what they desired, they would travel throughout the desert for 40 years until the next generation that sprang forth knew nothing but faith and trust in him, and would do as they were instructed.

In these instructions are the keys to the kingdom. As my friend and writing partner Rick explains it to me, most Christians have no clue as to what the symbols of Jewish Culture are, or what they even meant to Jesus.

Look at the Tallis, God tells the Jewish people to place fringes on the corners of their garments. The reference is found in Number 15: 38-40. Yes they do make them stand out as different, but that is not the most important reason they were to wear them. It is to remind them all the time to do God’s commandments and to seek his WILL, so to understand this better the four fringes on the Tallis spell out the name of God and are tied in a way to count the Ten Commandments and the 638 laws of Torah.

Although the Kabbalah can teach us how to use the tools of the Kingdom, in the time of Jesus it was widely taught and understood. When Jesus was traveling around Israel these are the things he was teaching. The main lessons of Kabbalah teach to always seek God’s WILL for your life and to always help others. For as Jesus has spoken, whatever you have done to the least of my brother you have done unto me.

God has been trying to teach the Jewish people these lessons for many generations, and will be doing so for many more. The true Keys to understanding the Kingdom of Jesus lies in the knowledge of what he taught.

A good example of this would be Rick Warrens book A Purpose Driven Life. It was gifted to me by a friend I argued with for many years over how his money was not his but the Lord had gifted it to him and should be used in that manner. When my friend got several chapters into the book he called me to tell me that I was right about the money. The thing that interested me so much was that after reading several chapters of this book it was like being back in Sunday school, he was teaching Christians more about Jewish culture and lessons of how Jesus lived his life as a Jew. To me this is a very important part of my life.

See what I learned is part of my duties as a Levite are to teach. Teach Christians that everything that Jesus taught is based on the Jewish culture and the Jewish Torah. There roots are surrounded by symbols they need to understand.

I will morph into quite a character full of more amazing personality, energy, unique gifts and freedom to be the real me than I ever imagined.

Know back to were I started, see God has already begun to morph her into this Character at least on an outwardly way. Now is the time for her to turn that focus on an inwardly path. The point I wanted to make here is in what she has stated that Christians are lead to believe is that we can only be free from our sins in the next world. This is not what Jesus was teaching about. In order to become part of his kingdom one needs to change how we live our lives in this world. In changing ourselves and repenting of our sins here today, we are able to change this world and making it a better place for all.

Maybe a good place to start, for those who are seeking, is by reading all the 638 Laws given to the Jews by Moses, Look at them and see which ones you apply in your daily life. This is truly how Jesus lived and taught. Study these laws make them an everyday part of your life. In doing so, you will find new blessings that will enter into your life. Although all of us fall short and do not hit the mark and therefore need the salvation of the Christ, it does not mean that we can simply stop shooting at the targert. So set your targerts high and aim well, and if we miss we can thank God for our salvation in Christ.

The Articles presented here are copy written by The Light In Christ Ministry in Sherman, TX. We are a Teaching Ministry whose goals are to teach Christians about the Daily prayer life of Jesus. If you are interested in our ministry you can contact Brian Brody at 903-436-1876 or bbrody1306@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment